Rakuten Advertising, in partnership with Innovid, recently launched its Interactive Connected TV (CTV) Ad Format available to advertisers and agencies via Rakuten TV and Rakuten Viki.
CTV Interactive Ad formats generate a higher level of engagement with audiences by combining dynamic and native ad elements with a call-to-action in the form of a QR or coupon code. The new Interactive Ads are available to run via CTV, mobile and desktop devices.
The CTV Interactive Ad Experience
More than a traditional TV commercial, CTV Interactive Ads create a memorable consumer experience, help advertisers build meaningful awareness of their brand and creates higher engagement with audiences.
This solution enables media buyers and planners to layer in additional content that increases performance for their brands. Using Interactive Ad formats, agencies can leverage shoppable product images, website content and more to create multi-faceted ads and a value-add experience for the viewer.
Interactive CTV Ads provide agencies with innovative and high impact branding opportunities to achieve their client’s marketing KPIs, including:
- Higher creative impact
- Increased engagement (+2X engagement rate of QR code benchmark)
- Measurement on CTV through shoppable formats
Additionally, the partnered solution allows agencies to use various data signals to personalize creative and serve more relevant and targeted messages. These include:
- Time/Day of Week/Year
- Geo Location
- 1st Party Data
On CTV First Impressions Matter: Best Practices
Understanding the best tactics to use when implementing a CTV strategy can help drive engagement and reach with audiences.
- Leverage data and technology to personalize ads for each viewer. Nielsen data shows that 75% of consumers struggle to correctly identify a brand the day after being exposed to their TV ad. CTV publishers leverage first-party data and signals to personalize the user experience while generating a higher brand recall with viewers.
- Choose a premium and relevant environment for your brand message. Carefully select CTV partners who can guarantee premium content and deliver messages to the right audience within a brand-safe environment.
- Creative experience: test and continued learning. Consumers don’t dislike advertising; they really dislike bad advertising. Delivering a good advertising experience can take different forms, from improving video creative, testing ad lengths or adding innovative and creative ad features.
Each viewer consumes differently. It’s recommended to AB test different versions of an ad to understand what appeals to each audience.
For more information about Rakuten Advertising’s CTV offering, visit rakutenadvertising.com and speak to an expert.