M.J. Bale is Australia’s premier menswear brand. Founded in 2009 by Matt Jensen with the aim of creating an Australian menswear brand that revolved around quality: quality of product and quality of in-store experience. Today M.J. Bale provides customers with everything the modern man needs to look his best in any given situation.
M.J Bale wanted to establish the affiliate channel as a substantial contributor to online sale, one that drives sales inline with industry benchmark standards of ~7% of online revenue. Further to the this, MJ Bales wanted to facilitate new relationships and work closely with likeminded high-end affiliates.
Upon signing with Rakuten Marketing, M.J. Bale leveraged the a‘la Carte Marketing services available through Rakuten and took out a Recruit, Activate and Optimise (RAO) package. The RAO package is designed to boost M.J. Bale’s affiliate program by providing additional support in the areas of publisher recruitment, activation and optimisation. M.J. Bale took this three-month period as a chance to educate themselves on best practices for running an affiliate program. Additional strategic insights include:
- Recruiting and engaging a versatile range of publishers including cashback, loyalty, coupon, content, shopping comparison, subnetworks and technology partners
- Trial of placements and exposure with tier one and tier two publishers to learn what works and what doesn’t
- Investment in additional exposure packages with tier one publishers during key retail periods such as Click Frenzy, Easter and GQ Online Shopping Night to drive increased sales
Within five months of program launch, affiliate sales drove 11.3% of all online sales for M.J. Bale. The success of the program has given M.J. Bale the confidence in the affiliate channel to explore more innovative publisher models. Further results include:
- Consistent Month-on-Month growth since launch, averaging 35% MoM
- The return-on-ad-spend (ROAS) increased 69% from January 2018 to April 2018
- J Bale are seeing a now seeing a consistently strong return on their affiliate program
Want to find out how Rakuten Marketing can drive increased sales for your brand? Contact us today!